Valerie Richardson is the daughter of the late Beulah and Kelly Richardson.
Valerie attended the Haliwa-Saponi Tribal School through eighth grade. After HSTS, she continued her education and graduated from Aurelian Springs High School, Roanoke Rapids, NC.
After graduation Valerie moved to Washington, DC and obtained work with the Federal government in several different positions for 40 years. For 10 years she was a Financial Analyst in the Budget and Accounting Office of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
In 2006 Valerie retired and moved back to NC and in 2008 became employed with the North Carolina Department of Revenue where she is still employed in the accounting division. Valerie is actively involved in the following:
• Member of Mt. Bethel Baptist Church including participation in the Senior Choir, Senior Sunday School, Flower Committee and Women On Missions Group.
• Haliwa-Saponi Indian Tribe Powwow Committee
• Haliwa-Saponi Indian Tribe Finance Committee
• Haliwa-Saponi Indian Tribe Senior Citizens Organization
• Member of Sisterhood Cancer Survivors of Hollister, NC.
Valerie enjoys traveling and especially travel to Washington, DC to visit family and friends. She also travels the Powwow trail. She is dedicated to the Haliwa-Saponi People.